The Eliette and Herbert von Karajan Institute, Open Music Initiative and Red Bull Media House are joining forces in a Blockchain-Hackathon at the Karajan Music Tech Conference in Salzburg March 21-22. The hackathon will be hosted at the University of Applied Sciences Salzburg. Red Bull Media House is inviting hackers to take on their "Music Portfolio Challenge" to build a blockchain-based music micro-licensing platform.
You should participate in our hackathon, if:
- You want to learn about decentralization technologies and how they can be applied in the music industry.
- You want to help build a new music industry in which artists will be paid a fair share, directly and with 100% transparency.
- You want to develop new business models that apply decentralized protocols and their interaction with other technologies (ethereum, bigchaindb, plasma, coala ip, etc).
- You want to meet music industry professionals, artists and hackers who love to make the world a better place :-)
What can people work on?
- Red Bull Challenge: Microlicensing System for B2B Licensing
- Rights Management for Sample-Based Music
- Graphical Interface to show Blockchain-Transactions for Composers
- New use cases for tokenization economy. Brainstorming and writing of articles.
- Work on github repositories such as Coala IP, Token-Curated Registries
09:00 — Welcome
09:30 — Presentations on Blockchain, Technologies of participating companies and individual projects of participants
11:30 — OPEN MIC: Present your ideas
13:00 — Lunch at "Fago" in the Main Building
14:00 — Hacking begins
19:00 — Dinner
22:00 — Hacking continues in hotels and bars ;-)
08:30 — Coffee, Open Doors
09:00 — Don't-Panic-Meeting for those who want more input from the group (optional)
09:30 — Hacking continues ...
13:00 — Lunch
15:00 — Preparations for presentations start
16:00 — Presentations start (10 mins each, please enter your name here)
17:30 — Receptions