Take you music to a new level. Collaborate with artists and technologists in the United States this summer at the Open Music Initiative Summer Lab. This a unique opportunity to participate in a growing global initiative to improve artist compensation and music industry cooperation. Selected artists and music industry professionals will join college Fellows of the Summer Lab to play music, learn about emerging technologies and help define use cases for the music industry. Further details are on the 2017 Summer Lab page. You can apply via this form.
Selected musicians, artists and music industry professionals will receive an expenses-paid trip to the US in order to participate in the Lab. This program is facilitated by IDEO and Berklee College, and is sponsored by Intel and the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Residing citizen of Trinidad and Tobago or Jamaica.
- Ability to travel to the US in mid-late July.
- Valid US Visa (valid until August 2017).
- Ability to videoconference into Summer Lab at least twice weekly throughout June and July.
- Must have at least 2 years experience recording as well as working in live music settings.
- Must either be a musician or artist, or a professional working with a label, production company, studio, publishing company, management company, or other music industry company based in Jamaica or Trinidad and Tobago.
- Must be able to access musical works for use in the Lab (not exclusively controlled by a label).
- Only individual artists are eligible (no groups).